- Album Title: Norman Fucking Rockwell
- Release Date: August 30, 2019
- Recording Dates: January 2018 - Early 2019
- Lead Single: "Mariners Apartment Complex," out 9/12/18
- Second Single: "Venice Bitch," out 9/18/18
- Third Single: "hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but i have it," out 1/9/19
- Fourth Single: "Doin' Time," out 5/17/19
- Expected Sound: Slow, contemplative, happier, soft-rock
- Full Tracklist:
- Known Collaborators: Jack Antonoff
Lana Del Rey began working on her next album in January 2018, just six months after releasing Lust For Life. She wrote a full album of songs with Jack Antonoff over the next several months. In September that year, she released two singles: "Mariners Apartment Complex" and "Venice Bitch." She stated that both would appear on her forthcoming album, titled Norman Fucking Rockwell, but gave no release date.
That fall, she previewed several new songs - including "Cinnamon," "Syliva Plath," and an unnamed collab with Machine Gun Kelly - and performed the song "How To Disappear" live. Two country songs she performed in December will not appear on the album.
In January 2019, Lana released "hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it" as a single. She also teased the song "Happiness Is A Butterfly" and some additional unknown tracks, one of which fans have dubbed "In My Car." Although the album was rumored to be released at the end of March, it has still remained unheard.
In May, Lana released her cover of Sublime's 1996 song, "Doin' Time," used in the documentary about the ska band. Lana previewed the title track in June, then filmed a double video for two new songs - "Fuck It I Love You" and "The Greatest" - in late July.
On July 31st, Lana finally announced everything: Norman Fucking Rockwell will be released on August 30th and feature 14 new songs. See the full tracklist and cover art above, and get ready to hear the full album in a few weeks!