- Album Title: Push Pull
- Release Date: May 25, 2018
- Label: Napalm Records
- Recording Dates: October 2016 - January 2017, some more in March - April and August - October 2017
- Lead Single: "More Beautiful" (April 4, 2018)
- Second Single: "Push Pull" (May 2, 2018)
- "Don't Look Away"
- "Push Pull"
- "More Beautiful"
- "Head Over Heels" [Tears For Fears cover]
- "True Believer"
- "Just Let Go (Who Cares If We Fall)"
- "Better Left Unsaid"
- "We Don't Need The World"
- "Buzzkill (Before You Say Goodbye)"
- "Fallen Star"
- "There Will Never Be Another"
- Unused Song Titles:
- "Way Of The World" (mentioned in April 2015 interview)
- "Chaos" (mentioned in April 2015 interview)
- Expected Sound: Different from previous albums, rock, groove, funky
- Expected Themes: Married life, family, personal issues, empowerment
- Producer: Matt Wallace
Hoobastank's 5th studio album, Fight Or Flight, came out on September 11, 2012. The band toured extensively in support of it, traveling around the world into late through early 2016. Between touring, the band starting writing and demoing songs in early 2014. By 2015, they had more song ideas than they'd ever had for a previous album. Of the 30 or so songs they were working on, singer Doug Robb mentioned two working titles: "Way Of The World" and "Chaos."
It wasn't until October and November 2016 that Hoobastank began officially recording the new album. They joined producer Matt Wallace, and were officially finished recording in January 2017. They did some additional studio time in March and April, and later spent most of August in the studio. They truly finished recording in September, with mixes finished in October 2017.
In September 2017, Hoobastank toured Japan. While there, they debuted two new songs live: "True Believer" and "Don't Look Away." The next month, they announced their signing with Napalm Records to release the new album in the first half of 2018.
Finally, on March 29, 2018, the band announced their new album: Push Pull will be released on May 25, 2018. The lead single, "More Beautiful," came out on April 4th, with the title track dropping in early May. The album will feature 11 tracks, including previously-performed songs "Don't Look Away" and "True Believer." It will also include a cover of Tears For Fears' 1985 single, "Head Over Heels."