Music fans will be excited about an upcoming all-female compilation featuring brand new songs from Gwen Stefani, Natasha Bedingfield, Pink, Christina Aguilera, and more. The compilation’s 13 songs were all co-written by songwriter Linda Perry. The songs serve as a soundtrack to the new documentary, Served Like A Girl, about female veterans.
Served Like A Girl will be available on DVD on November 7th. Its soundtrack comes out on November 3rd.
The songs have not previously been heard, though fans have been waiting for some of them for quite some time. Gwen Stefani’s new track “Medicine Man” is actually a leftover from her This Is What The Truth Feels Like sessions. In a November 2015 interview, Gwen revealed that, while on a plane ride to New Orleans, she’d had her headphones on and wrote ideas for a song. She went into the studio with Linda Perry, and that ended up becoming the song “Medicine Man.”
Natasha Bedingfield has new song called “Hey Boy,” while Pink is contributing a track called “Halfway Gone.” We’ll also hear Pat Benatar’s “Dancing Through The Wreckage.” All of these are new – or at least previously unheard – songs.
The Served Like A Girl soundtrack, out November 3rd, will include the following 13 tracks (order TBC).
- Beth Lowen – “Joyride”
- Chely Wright – “Shine A Light”
- Christina Aguilera – “America”
- Dorothy – “Naked Eye”
- Gwen Stefani – “Medicine Man”
- Little Mix – “Salute”
- Lizzo – “Good As Hell”
- Lykke Li – “End of the Night”
- Maya Heslov – “Fighter”
- Natasha Bedingfield – “Hey Boy”
- Pat Benatar – “Dancing Through The Wreckage”
- Pink – “Halfway Gone”
- Willa Amai – “Scars”
You can learn more about Served Like A Girl at their official site. Keep checking back here for all the latest music news.
- Alicia Keys Shows That “Love Looks Better” in New Music Video - September 23, 2020
- Janelle Monáe Stuns in “Turntables” Music Video - September 15, 2020
- Alicia Keys Confirms New Album Finally Out This Friday - September 14, 2020