Last month, Evanescence let fans hear a new version of their Fallen hit, “Bring Me To Life.” It was just the first taste of their upcoming album, Synthesis. The album, out November 10th, reimagines the band’s songs in a more orchestral, electronic way. It also includes two new songs. One of those brand new tracks is “Imperfection,” just released today.
Frontwoman Amy Lee says that “Imperfection” was a tough song to write. She had the music for it months before she was able to write the lyrics. It addresses suicide, and promises that life is worth living even in the darkest of times. You’re irreplaceable, and Amy wishes she could only take away the weight of the world. Musically, “Imperfection” is stunning and grandiose. Piano and strings kick it off, but electronic beats and synths quickly join in. The effect is intense. With more where that came from, Synthesis is sure to be a marvelous album.
You can hear “Imperfection” below. Evanescence is filming a music video for the song today, so we have that to look forward to in the coming weeks.
Synthesis features 16 tracks. In addition to “Imperfection,” the other new song is “Hi-Lo,” a leftover from the early Evanescence recording sessions of 2010. The album includes new versions of three Fallen tracks, three The Open Door songs, and five from Evanescence. See the full tracklist below.
- Never Go Back – from Evanescence
- My Heart Is Broken – from Evanescence
- Lacrymosa – from The Open Door
- The End Of The Dream – from Evanescence
- Bring Me To Life – from Fallen
- Unraveling (Interlude)
- Imaginary – from Fallen
- Secret Door – from Evanescence
- Lithium – from The Open Door
- Lost In Paradise – from Evanescence
- Your Star – from The Open Door
- My Immortal – from Fallen
- The In-Between (Piano Solo)
Catch up on all we know about Synthesis, and enjoy “Imperfection” and “Bring Me To Life” while we wait for November 10th to arrive. Be sure to see Evanescence live – they’re touring North America from October through December. Check out tour dates and tickets before it’s too late. Keep checking back here for all the latest Evanescence music news.
Latest posts by Hidden Jams (see all)
- Patrick Stump Goes Full Retro On “Deep Blue Love” Music Video - November 4, 2019
- Hear “Upside Down” Off Editors’ New Album, ‘Black Gold’ - October 25, 2019
- Editors Debut “Upside Down” Live Ahead Of ‘Black Gold’ Release - October 23, 2019