P!nk is gearing up to release her new album, Hurts 2B Human, in just a couple weeks. Following singles “Walk Me Home” and “Hustle,” today we get to hear a third preview of the record. “Can We Pretend” features electronic group Cash Cash; it’s one of three songs on the forthcoming album to include a feature.
“Can We Pretend” is the best Hurts 2B Human song so far. It’s a fizzy pop banger that describes the joy and love two people once had. There’s a charming, escapist message in there, asking to pretend that “we both like the president” and that “I really like your shoes.” It’s fun and a little tongue-in-cheek. Though the song feels nostalgic, the post-chorus breakdown gives it modern appeal.
The song comes with a colorful lyric video, too, inspired by the album artwork for Hurts 2B Human. Give it a few views so you’ll be able to sing along!
Listen to “Can We Pretend” in the lyric video below:
You can stream or download “Can We Pretend” at all the major music providers here. You can also now pre-order P!nk’s upcoming album, Hurts 2B Human, and get instant downloads of all three new songs. The album is due out on April 26th.
Last month, P!nk revealed the full tracklist for Hurts 2B Human. Check it out:
- “(Hey Why) Miss You Sometime”
- “Walk Me Home”
- “My Attic”
- “90 Days” featuring Wrabel
- “Hurts 2B Human” featuring Khalid
- “Can We Pretend” featuring Cash Cash
- “We Could Have It All”
- “Love Me Anyway” featuring Chris Stapleton
- “Circle Game”
- “The Last Song Of Your Life”
Although it’s only been a year and a half since she released Beautiful Trauma, it seems P!nk was super inspired! Get ready to hear the rest of the album in only two weeks. In the meantime, revisit her last album’s singles: “What About Us,” “Beautiful Trauma,” “Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken,” “Whatever You Want,” and “Secrets.”
Enjoy “Can We Pretend” and its new lyric video, and get ready to hear the rest of the songs on Hurts 2B Human in just a couple weeks. Keep checking back here for all the latest P!nk music news.
- Tove Lo Sings New ALOK & Ilkay Sencan Song, “Don’t Say Goodbye” - September 25, 2020
- Hilary Duff Announces First Children’s Book, ‘My Little Brave Girl’ - September 23, 2020
- Alicia Keys Shows That “Love Looks Better” in New Music Video - September 23, 2020