Green Day Drops Dancey New “Father Of All…” Music Video
Last week, Green Day surprised fans with their new song, “Father Of All…,” the title track from their upcoming album due in February 2020. It was part of the huge Hella Mega tour announcement, which also saw co-headliners Fall Out Boy and Weezer share new songs and announce upcoming albums. While both of their songs got music videos that same day, we had to wait a bit for Green Day’s video. Today, fans can finally see the “Father Of All…” music video.
“Father Of All…” is a shocking departure for Green Day, and already a polarizing song among fans. Billie Joe Armstrong sings the verses in falsetto over a straightforward backdrop of guitar, bass, and drums. It sounds most comparable to Green Day’s album ¡Dos! or to their 2008 side band Foxboro Hot Tubs. It could also be compared to Billie Joe’s 2018 side project, The Longshot. Give it a few listens, because “Father Of All…” is actually pretty fun.
The new music video shows the band suited up in leopard print in front of a bright red backdrop. Their playing is interspersed with a diverse collage of people dancing and otherwise getting wild. Everyone, from all walks of life, timeframes, and even species, is having a great time in the “Father Of All…” music video.
The video also comes with another charming message from Green Day:
Dear friends and fuckers.
Here’s our new hot dog video we made for father of all…..?
That’s right! A new vid for the kid. ➡️ http://greenday.link/fatherofallvid
We wanted to make something about dancing. Anxiety. Tribalism. Joy.. and straight up violence. It’s the history of us. Meaning all of us.
None of this is choreographed.. (except the hotties in red) we don’t need to be choreographed… just lose your shit.. scream like no one is listening.. dance like your hair is on fire. punk soul rockers!
Crawl on the dance floor.. spit in the air.. get weird.
FATHER OF ALL… ➡️ http://greenday.link/fatherofallvid
Watch the music video for “Father Of All…” below:
You can stream or download “Father Of All…” at all the major music providers here. You can also pre-order or pre-save the album Father Of All… now.
The new single will appear on Green Day’s upcoming album, Father Of All…, due out on February 7, 2020. While we don’t yet know the 10-song tracklisting, we do know that the full album clocks in at a mere 26 minutes. This will make it Green Day’s shortest album to date, even shorter than Insomniac.
In addition to the title track, other known songs – as reported by Rolling Stone – include “Meet Me On The Roof” and “Junkies On A High.” Bassist Mike Dirnt described both as “Green Day firing on all cylinders,” staying more true to their “bedrock punk sound” than songs like “Father Of All…”
Changing Labels & More Music Possibilities
In a series of new interviews last week, Green Day did imply that this will be their last album with Warner Records. They’ve been with the major label since the early 1990s, and all of their albums from Dookie onwards have been released by Warner.
Additionally, the band members also suggested the possibility of them releasing a second album 2020 – possibly on their own label after leaving Warner. Hmmm…
Hella Mega Tour
Coinciding with last week’s release of “Father Of All…” and the announcement of their new album, Green Day also announced a massive upcoming tour. The Hella Mega Tour will see Green Day co-headlining with Fall Out Boy and Weezer, with The Interrupters supporting the bands.
Pre-sale tickets have been available since Monday, while tickets go on sale to the general public tomorrow, on Friday, September 20th. Be sure to get tickets before it’s too late!
Green Day will kick things off with their own tour across Asia:
- Sunday, March 8th – Singapore – Singapore Indoor Stadium
- Wednesday, March 11th – Bangkok, Thailand – Impact Arena
- Saturday, March 14th – Manila, Phillippines – Mall of Asia Arena
- Tuesday, March 17th – Taipei, Taiwan – Taipei Arena
- Friday, March 20th – Hong Kong – World Expo
- Sunday, March 22nd – Seoul, South Korea – Jamsil Indoor Gym
- Wednesday, March 25th – Osaka, Japan – Intex
- Friday, March 27th – Tokyo, Japan – Tokyo Messe
And Green Day will tour Northern Europe alone as well:
- Sunday, May 24th- Moscow, Russia – Spartak Stadium
- Wednesday, May 27th – Helsinki, Finland – Suvilahti
- Friday, May 29th – Stockholm, Sweden – Tele2 Arena
- Sunday, May 31st – Alesund, Norway – Color Line Stadion
Green Day and Weezer will then play two dates without Fall Out Boy:
- June 3rd – Berlin, Germany – Wuhlheide
- June 10th – Milan, Italy – Ippodromo San Siro
Finally, the Hell Mega tour with Green Day, Fall Out Boy, and Weezer will kick off in Europe on June 13th:
- Saturday, June 13th – Paris, France – La Defense Arena
- Sunday, June 14th – Groningen, Netherlands – Stadspark
- Wednesday, June 17th – Antwerp, Belgium – Sportpaleis
- Sunday, June 21st – Vienna, Austria – Ernst Happel Stadium
- Wednesday, June 24th – Glasgow, Scotland – Bellahouston Park
- Friday, June 26th – London, England – London Stadium
- Saturday, June 27th – Huddersfield, England – The John Smith’s Stadium
- Monday, June 29th – Dublin, Ireland – RDS Arena
The Hella Mega tour finishes in North America:
- Friday, July 17th – Seattle, WA – T-Mobile Park
- Tuesday, July 21st – San Francisco, CA – Oracle Park
- Friday, July 24th – San Diego, CA – Petco Park
- Saturday, July 25th – Los Angeles, CA – Dodger Stadium
- Tuesday, July 28th – Commerce City, CO – DICK’s Sporting Goods Park
- Friday, July 31st – Arlington, TX – Globe Life Field
- Saturday, August 1st – Houston, TX – Minute Maid Park
- Wednesday, August 5th – Miami, FL – Hard Rock Stadium
- Thursday, August 6th – Jacksonville, FL – TIAA Bank Field
- Saturday, August 8th – Atlanta, GA – SunTrust Park
- Tuesday, August 11th – Minneapolis, MN – Target Field
- Thursday, August 13th – Chicago, IL – Wrigley Field
- Saturday, August 15th – Pittsburgh, PA – PNC Park
- Sunday, August 16th – Hershey, PA – Hersheypark Stadium
- Wednesday, August 19th – Detroit, MI – Comerica Park
- Friday, August 21st – Washington, DC – Nationals Park
- Saturday, August 22nd – New York, NY – Citi Field
- Monday, August 24th – Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre
- Thursday, August 27th – Boston, MA – Fenway Park
- Saturday, August 29th – Philadelphia, PA – Citizens Bank Park
Father Of All…
Enjoy the new Green Day song, “Father Of All…” and its new music video! Be sure to also check out Fall Out Boy’s “Dear Future Self (Hands Up)” and Weezer’s “The End Of The Game.” Get ready to see Green Day with Fall Out Boy and Weezer next year! You can pick up tickets now.
Keep checking back here for all the latest Green Day music news.
- Green Day Announces ‘BBC Sessions’ & Shares “2000 Light Years Away” - October 22, 2021
- The Weeknd & Swedish House Mafia Team Up for “Moth To A Flame” - October 22, 2021
- See Lana Del Rey’s Music Video for “Blue Banisters” - October 20, 2021