We only just got a new single and the video for “Father Of All…” this month, but Green Day is already teasing their next new song! Today, Green Day announced a 2-year partnership with the NHL. In the accompanying teaser video, you can hear a clip of their new song, “Fire, Ready, Aim,” which will also appear on their upcoming album, Father Of All…, due in February 2020.
Next Wednesday, October 9th, “Fire, Ready, Aim” will premiere during a pump-up montage featuring various NHL stars. On January 25th, Green Day will serve as the headline performance at the NHL All-Star Game in St. Louis.
As Green Day themselves announced:
This @NHL season is hereby known as LOUD season…where the toughest athletes to ever lace up a pair of skates meet the baddest rock band on the planet. So turn up the volume on your TV sets, “Fire, Ready, Aim” and enjoy the ride. Wait, did we just tease a BRAND NEW SONG?! @NHLonNBCSports #WNH #NHLGreenDay
Check out the teaser video – and hear a clip of “Fire, Ready, Aim” – below:
View this post on Instagram
This @NHL season is hereby known as LOUD season…where the toughest athletes to ever lace up a pair of skates meet the baddest rock band on the planet. So turn up the volume on your TV sets, "Fire, Ready, Aim" and enjoy the ride. Wait, did we just tease a BRAND NEW SONG?! @NHLonNBCSports #WNH #NHLGreenDay
While we wait to hear “Fire, Ready, Aim” in full, be sure to listen to Green Day’s lead single. You can stream or download “Father Of All…” at all the major music providers here. You can also pre-order or pre-save the album Father Of All… now.
The new songs will appear on Green Day’s upcoming album, Father Of All…, due out on February 7, 2020. While we don’t yet know the 10-song tracklisting, we do know that the full album clocks in at a mere 26 minutes. This will make it Green Day’s shortest album to date, even shorter than Insomniac.
In addition to the title track and “Fire, Ready, Aim,” other known songs – as reported by Rolling Stone – include “Meet Me On The Roof” and “Junkies On A High.” Bassist Mike Dirnt described both as “Green Day firing on all cylinders,” staying more true to their “bedrock punk sound” than songs like “Father Of All…”
Changing Labels & More Music Possibilities
In a series of new interviews earlier this month, Green Day did imply that this will be their last album with Warner Records. They’ve been with the major label since the early 1990s, and all of their albums from Dookie onwards have been released by Warner.
Additionally, the band members also suggested the possibility of them releasing a second album 2020 – possibly on their own label after leaving Warner. Hmmm…
Hella Mega Tour
Coinciding with the release of “Father Of All…” and the announcement of their new album, Green Day also recently announced a massive upcoming tour. The Hella Mega Tour will see Green Day co-headlining with Fall Out Boy and Weezer, with The Interrupters supporting the bands.
Tickets are on sale now. Be sure to get tickets before it’s too late!
Green Day will kick things off with their own tour across Asia:
- Sunday, March 8th – Singapore – Singapore Indoor Stadium
- Wednesday, March 11th – Bangkok, Thailand – Impact Arena
- Saturday, March 14th – Manila, Phillippines – Mall of Asia Arena
- Tuesday, March 17th – Taipei, Taiwan – Taipei Arena
- Friday, March 20th – Hong Kong – World Expo
- Sunday, March 22nd – Seoul, South Korea – Jamsil Indoor Gym
- Wednesday, March 25th – Osaka, Japan – Intex
- Friday, March 27th – Tokyo, Japan – Tokyo Messe
And Green Day will tour Northern Europe alone as well:
- Sunday, May 24th- Moscow, Russia – Spartak Stadium
- Wednesday, May 27th – Helsinki, Finland – Suvilahti
- Friday, May 29th – Stockholm, Sweden – Tele2 Arena
- Sunday, May 31st – Alesund, Norway – Color Line Stadion
Green Day and Weezer will then play two dates without Fall Out Boy:
- June 3rd – Berlin, Germany – Wuhlheide
- June 10th – Milan, Italy – Ippodromo San Siro
Finally, the Hell Mega tour with Green Day, Fall Out Boy, and Weezer will kick off in Europe on June 13th:
- Saturday, June 13th – Paris, France – La Defense Arena
- Sunday, June 14th – Groningen, Netherlands – Stadspark
- Wednesday, June 17th – Antwerp, Belgium – Sportpaleis
- Sunday, June 21st – Vienna, Austria – Ernst Happel Stadium
- Wednesday, June 24th – Glasgow, Scotland – Bellahouston Park
- Friday, June 26th – London, England – London Stadium
- Saturday, June 27th – Huddersfield, England – The John Smith’s Stadium
- Monday, June 29th – Dublin, Ireland – RDS Arena
The Hella Mega tour finishes in North America:
- Friday, July 17th – Seattle, WA – T-Mobile Park
- Tuesday, July 21st – San Francisco, CA – Oracle Park
- Friday, July 24th – San Diego, CA – Petco Park
- Saturday, July 25th – Los Angeles, CA – Dodger Stadium
- Tuesday, July 28th – Commerce City, CO – DICK’s Sporting Goods Park
- Friday, July 31st – Arlington, TX – Globe Life Field
- Saturday, August 1st – Houston, TX – Minute Maid Park
- Wednesday, August 5th – Miami, FL – Hard Rock Stadium
- Thursday, August 6th – Jacksonville, FL – TIAA Bank Field
- Saturday, August 8th – Atlanta, GA – SunTrust Park
- Tuesday, August 11th – Minneapolis, MN – Target Field
- Thursday, August 13th – Chicago, IL – Wrigley Field
- Saturday, August 15th – Pittsburgh, PA – PNC Park
- Sunday, August 16th – Hershey, PA – Hersheypark Stadium
- Wednesday, August 19th – Detroit, MI – Comerica Park
- Friday, August 21st – Washington, DC – Nationals Park
- Saturday, August 22nd – New York, NY – Citi Field
- Monday, August 24th – Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre
- Thursday, August 27th – Boston, MA – Fenway Park
- Saturday, August 29th – Philadelphia, PA – Citizens Bank Park
Father Of All…
Get ready to hear the next Father Of All… song, “Fire, Ready, Aim” next week! For now, enjoy the title track, and get ready to see Green Day with Fall Out Boy and Weezer next year! You can pick up tickets now.
Keep checking back here for all the latest Green Day music news.
- Hear Vanessa Carlton’s Stunning New Song, “Miner’s Canary” - February 21, 2020
- Watch Hayley Williams’s “Leave It Alone” Lyric Video - February 19, 2020
- The Weeknd Drops “After Hours,” Title Track From Upcoming March Album - February 19, 2020