- Album Title: ALICIA
- Release Date: September 18, 2020
- Recording Dates: Late 2018 - Late 2019
- Writing Dates: Late 2017 - Late 2019
- Lead Single: "Show Me Love," released 9/17/2019
- Second Single: "Time Machine," released 11/20/2019
- Third Single: "Underdog," released 1/9/2020
- Fourth Single: "Good Job," released on 4/23/2020
- Fifth Single: "Perfect Way to Die," released on 6/19/2020
- Sixth Single: "So Done," released on 8/13/2020
- Seventh Single: "Love Looks Better," released on 9/11/2020
- Expected Sound: R&B, pop, chill, confident, uplifting
- Expected Themes: Love, empowerment, social issues
In February 2019, Alicia Keys surprised fans with a new single, "Raise A Man." Shortly after, she announced her upcoming memoir, More Myself, then scheduled to be out in November 2019.
That September, Alicia shared a new single featuring Miguel, "Show Me Love." She followed that up with "Time Machine" in November 2019 and "Underdog" in January 2020. At the end of 2019, she announced that her album, titled ALICIA, would be out in the new year; later it was confirmed for a March 20, 2020 release, with her delayed memoir dropping at the end of March.
Hours before the album was supposed to come out, Alicia confirmed that ALICIA had been delayed until May 15th due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
On April 23rd, Alicia released her new song "Good Job," the closing track on the upcoming album. Its message is highly relevant to the Coronavirus pandemic, and proceeds go to helping the frontline workers.
Although ALICIA was due out on May 15th, the day came and went with no album release. At that point, it was unclear when the album would come out. On June 19th, Alicia released another new single, "Perfect Way To Die." Its music video followed on June 30th. The summer brought two more singles: "So Done" featuring Khalid on August 13th, and then "Love Looks Better" on September 11th.
Finally, on Monday, September 14th, Alicia announced that her album would be out that Friday. Yes, only four days later on September 18th. Get ready to hear ALICIA in just days!