- Album Title: TBA
- Release Date: June 5, 2020
- Recording Dates: 2017 - Early 2019
- First Single: "Close To Me," out 10/24/18
- Second Single: "Flux," out 2/28/19
- Third Single: "Sixteen," out 4/12/19
- Fourth Single: "Hate Me," out 6/26/19
- Fifth Single: "Worry About Me," out 3/13/20
- Other Possible Songs:
- "Do You Remember" (2019 soundtrack song)
- "Hollow Crown" (2019 soundtrack song)
- "In This Together" (2019 soundtrack song)
- "Love I'm Given"
- "Return To Love" (2019 duet with Andrea Bocelli)
- Expected Sound: Return to sound of Halcyon; more personal and vulnerable; similar to sound of "Flux"; no collaborations
After releasing Delirium in fall 2015, Ellie Goulding took a bit of a break before starting on her 4th studio album. In summer 2017, she was already working on new music, and revealed that it would mark a return to the sound of her sophomore album, Halcyon. She shared numerous studio shots on Instagram over the months and through 2018.
In October 2018, Ellie shared her first single from the upcoming album: "Close To Me" with Diplo and Swae Lee. She released two more album singles in February and April 2019, starting with the ballad "Flux" and then moving to the nostalgic "Sixteen." Ellie also shared three soundtrack songs - "Do You Remember," "In This Together," and "Hollow Crown" - though none of those are expected to appear on her album. After sharing an acoustic version of "Sixteen" in June, Ellie shared a new song called "Hate Me" featuring Juice WRLD.
Although we have four official singles so far, we still don't know the upcoming 4th album's title, release date, or tracklist. Ellie promised info would come in January 2020, but it was March when she announced and then released "Worry About Me" featuring blackbear.
Ellie has said that no collaborations will appear on the album, meaning most of the songs we've heard so far won't make the tracklist. However, "Flux" and unheard songs like "Love I'm Given" and "Electricity" will.
The album is slated for release on June 5, 2020, and while details are still limited, plenty of info is just around the corner. Stay tuned!