- Album Title: Norman Fucking Rockwell
- Release Date: Summer/Fall 2019
- Recording Dates: January 2018 - Present
- Lead Single: "Mariners Apartment Complex," out 9/12/18
- Second Single: "Venice Bitch," out 9/18/18
- Third Single: "hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but i have it," out 1/9/19
- Expected Sound: Slow, contemplative, happier, soft-rock
- Additional Known Song Titles:
- "Happiness Is A Butterfly"
- "Hey Baby Blue"
- "How To Disappear"
- "I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy"
- "In My Car"
- "Sylvia Plath"
- Known Collaborators: Jack Antonoff
Lana Del Rey began working on her next album in January 2018, just six months after releasing Lust For Life. She wrote a full album of songs with Jack Antonoff over the next several months. In September that year, she released two singles: "Mariners Apartment Complex" and "Venice Bitch." She stated that both would appear on her forthcoming album, titled Norman Fucking Rockwell, but gave no release date.
That fall, she previewed several new songs - including "Cinnamon," "Syliva Plath," and an unnamed collab with Machine Gun Kelly - and performed the song "How To Disappear" live. Two country songs she performed in December will not appear on the album.
In January 2019, Lana released "hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it" as a single. She also teased the song "Happiness Is A Butterfly" and some additional unknown tracks, one of which fans have dubbed "In My Car." Although the album was rumored to be released at the end of March, it has still remained unheard.
In May, Lana released her cover of Sublime's 1996 song, "Doin' Time," used in the documentary about the ska band.
So far, no news on Norman Fucking Rockwell has been offered, but we expect the album to be out this summer or fall.