Gwen Stefani has been doing her part to bring plenty of holiday cheer the past few years! After releasing her holiday album You Make It Feel Like Christmas in 2017, then re-releasing it with five additional songs in 2018, Gwen is now back with another new song. This time, the wintertime classic “Sleigh Ride” gets a Gwen Stefani makeover.
“Sleigh Ride” receives the same fun, old-school treatment that defined Gwen’s whole holiday album. It’s sugary sweet, defined by smooth strings and a strong drum beat over piano and jingle bells. Sounds of clip-clopping horse hooves and neighing add to the mood. Gwen sings it perfectly, bringing a perfect blend of classic charm and youthful energy.
This new recording of “Sleigh Ride” isn’t all 2020 will offer: In her social posts today, Gwen promised “More to come next week🎄❤️🎁 “. We can’t wait to find out what next week brings!
Listen to Gwen’s cover of “Sleigh Ride” below:
You can stream or download “Sleigh Ride” from the major music providers here. Based on the artwork, it looks like Gwen’s team plans to add the track to the end of her deluxe You Make It Feel Like Christmas album.
More From Gwen
In addition to some new Christmas tunes this year, Gwen is also now writing for her next (non-holiday) album! She talked about how quarantine has offered her time and creative inspiration in a recent interview. We don’t yet know when we’ll get her new album, but we’re thinking sometime in 2021 is a safe bet.
Since then, Gwen has moved into the country world, thanks to her boyfriend Blake Shelton. They had a big hit with their duet “Nobody But You” last winter; they followed that with “Happy Anywhere.”
In August, Gwen also appeared on a remix of Dua Lipa’s Future Nostalgia song, “Physical.”
2020 Holiday Music
Gwen’s “Sleigh Ride” isn’t our first new festive song of 2020. We’ve already gotten Christmas albums from Carrie Underwood and Dolly Parton. This month, we can also look forward to the following holiday music:
- Tommee Profitt’s new album, The Birth Of A King, out this Friday. At least one song will feature Avril Lavigne.
- Two new holiday songs from Kelly Clarkson: An original that she co-wrote, performed with country singer Brett Eldredge, and a cover of a beloved classic.
- Goo Goo Dolls’ new album, It’s Christmas All Over, due October 30th.
- Meghan Trainor’s new album, A Very Trainor Christmas, due October 30th.
- Tori Kelly’s new album, A Tori Kelly Christmas, due October 30th.
We love Gwen’s new cover of “Sleigh Ride,” and can’t wait to see what she shares next week. After the holidays, hopefully 2021 will also bring news of her next album. Keep checking back here for all the latest Gwen Stefani music news.
- Green Day Announces ‘BBC Sessions’ & Shares “2000 Light Years Away” - October 22, 2021
- The Weeknd & Swedish House Mafia Team Up for “Moth To A Flame” - October 22, 2021
- See Lana Del Rey’s Music Video for “Blue Banisters” - October 20, 2021