Just weeks after surprising fans with their new song “Father Of All…” – itself the title track from their upcoming album – Green Day announced a second new song last week. Today, fans can hear “Fire, Ready, Aim,” a short and rollicking new single that dangerously mixes up the order of aggression.
Clocking in at just 1:54, “Fire, Ready, Aim” opens with handclaps and falsetto crooning. It’s another party anthem, Billie Joe Armstrong singing high in his modal voice, creating tension fitting the lyrics. He describes violent actions, repeatedly accusing, “You’re a liar” throughout the verses. It’s an energetic song that, like its predecessor, could have fit right in on ¡Dos! or Stop, Drop, And Roll!!!
In a new statement, Green Day shared:
How many trolls does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
The answer is Fire Ready Aim! A new tune for the loons! This song is about our daily outrage. Attack without thought.. hyperbole. Anyway stick a hammer in your mouth. Shut up and dance!
Tonight, “Fire, Ready, Aim” will premiere during a pump-up montage featuring various NHL stars. On January 25th, Green Day will serve as the headline performance at the NHL All-Star Game in St. Louis.
Listen to “Fire, Ready, Aim” below:
You can stream or download “Fire, Ready, Aim” from all the major music providers here. Also be sure to check out “Father Of All…” Additionally, you can pre-order or pre-save the album Father Of All… now and get instant downloads of both songs.
The two new singles will appear on Green Day’s upcoming album, Father Of All…, due out on February 7, 2020. While we don’t yet know the 10-song tracklisting, we do know that the full album clocks in at a mere 26 minutes. This will make it Green Day’s shortest album to date, even shorter than Insomniac.
In addition to the title track, other known songs – as reported by Rolling Stone – include “Meet Me On The Roof” and “Junkies On A High.” Bassist Mike Dirnt described both as “Green Day firing on all cylinders,” staying more true to their “bedrock punk sound” than songs like “Father Of All…”
Changing Labels & More Music Possibilities
In a series of new interviews earlier this month, Green Day did imply that this will be their last album with Warner Records. They’ve been with the major label since the early 1990s, and all of their albums from Dookie onwards have been released by Warner.
Additionally, the band members also suggested the possibility of them releasing a second album 2020 – possibly on their own label after leaving Warner.
Some speculate that Green Day is trolling fans with Father Of All… and have another (allegedly more serious) album planned. Interestingly, the band’s caption accompanying “Fire, Ready, Aim” today does seem to feed into that theory. “How many trolls does it take to screw in a lightbulb?” Trolling, indeed.
Hella Mega Tour
Coinciding with the release of “Father Of All…” and the announcement of their new album last month, Green Day also recently announced a massive upcoming tour. The Hella Mega Tour will see Green Day co-headlining with Fall Out Boy and Weezer, with The Interrupters supporting the bands.
Tickets are on sale now. Be sure to get tickets before it’s too late! Some dates have already sold out, so don’t wait!
Green Day will kick things off with their own tour across Asia:
- Sunday, March 8th – Singapore – Singapore Indoor Stadium
- Wednesday, March 11th – Bangkok, Thailand – Impact Arena
- Saturday, March 14th – Manila, Phillippines – Mall of Asia Arena
- Tuesday, March 17th – Taipei, Taiwan – Taipei Arena
- Friday, March 20th – Hong Kong – World Expo
- Sunday, March 22nd – Seoul, South Korea – Jamsil Indoor Gym
- Wednesday, March 25th – Osaka, Japan – Intex
- Friday, March 27th – Tokyo, Japan – Tokyo Messe
And Green Day will tour Northern Europe alone as well:
- Sunday, May 24th- Moscow, Russia – Spartak Stadium
- Wednesday, May 27th – Helsinki, Finland – Suvilahti
- Friday, May 29th – Stockholm, Sweden – Tele2 Arena
- Sunday, May 31st – Alesund, Norway – Color Line Stadion
Green Day and Weezer will then play two dates without Fall Out Boy:
- June 3rd – Berlin, Germany – Wuhlheide
- June 10th – Milan, Italy – Ippodromo San Siro
Finally, the Hell Mega tour with Green Day, Fall Out Boy, and Weezer will kick off in Europe on June 13th:
- Saturday, June 13th – Paris, France – La Defense Arena
- Sunday, June 14th – Groningen, Netherlands – Stadspark
- Wednesday, June 17th – Antwerp, Belgium – Sportpaleis
- Sunday, June 21st – Vienna, Austria – Ernst Happel Stadium
- Wednesday, June 24th – Glasgow, Scotland – Bellahouston Park
- Friday, June 26th – London, England – London Stadium
- Saturday, June 27th – Huddersfield, England – The John Smith’s Stadium
- Monday, June 29th – Dublin, Ireland – RDS Arena
The Hella Mega tour finishes in North America:
- Friday, July 17th – Seattle, WA – T-Mobile Park
- Tuesday, July 21st – San Francisco, CA – Oracle Park
- Friday, July 24th – San Diego, CA – Petco Park
- Saturday, July 25th – Los Angeles, CA – Dodger Stadium
- Tuesday, July 28th – Commerce City, CO – DICK’s Sporting Goods Park
- Friday, July 31st – Arlington, TX – Globe Life Field
- Saturday, August 1st – Houston, TX – Minute Maid Park
- Wednesday, August 5th – Miami, FL – Hard Rock Stadium
- Thursday, August 6th – Jacksonville, FL – TIAA Bank Field
- Saturday, August 8th – Atlanta, GA – SunTrust Park
- Tuesday, August 11th – Minneapolis, MN – Target Field
- Thursday, August 13th – Chicago, IL – Wrigley Field
- Saturday, August 15th – Pittsburgh, PA – PNC Park
- Sunday, August 16th – Hershey, PA – Hersheypark Stadium
- Wednesday, August 19th – Detroit, MI – Comerica Park
- Friday, August 21st – Washington, DC – Nationals Park
- Saturday, August 22nd – New York, NY – Citi Field
- Monday, August 24th – Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre
- Thursday, August 27th – Boston, MA – Fenway Park
- Saturday, August 29th – Philadelphia, PA – Citizens Bank Park
Father Of All…
Enjoy “Fire, Ready, Aim,” and don’t forget Green Day’s recently released title track, “Father Of All…” The full album will be out on February 7th, and we still have the full tracklist to look forward to. Also get ready to see Green Day with Fall Out Boy and Weezer next year! You can pick up tickets now.
Keep checking back here for all the latest Green Day music news.
- Green Day Drops “Otis Big Guitar Mix” EP Of 3 Trilogy Songs - April 2, 2020
- Kelly Clarkson Announces New Single “I Dare You” Out April 16th - April 2, 2020
- Hayley Williams’s “Over Yet” Is Her Most Fun Solo Song So Far - April 2, 2020