Ghost just surprised fans with not one but TWO new songs. Their new single, “Seven Inches Of Satanic Panic,” features two tracks: “Kiss The Go-Goat” and “Mary On A Cross.” Both songs will also be included in Ghost’s upcoming Prequelle Exalted box set, due out on September 27th.
“Kiss The Go-Goat” sounds like a late 1960s surf-rock song. It’s psychedelic and rollicking, featuring unrestrained vocals from Papa Nihil (no, not Cardinal Copia this time). Following a descending vocal line about Satan, its choruses ending with unexpected smooching sounds from Papa Nihil. Weird? “Kiss The Go-Goat” is an energetic song that is infectious and groovy fun.
“Mary On A Cross” continues with the vintage musical sound, this time throwing in electric keyboard and rolling drums. The verses sound just as energetic and free-wheeling, but the choruses take a slower, more somber turn. It has some great vocal melodies, especially as it draws closer to its end.
Earlier today, Ghost shared chapter 8 of their Prequelle video series. It doubles as a music video for “Kiss The Go-Goat,” taking us back in time to when Papa Nihil was young and rocking. Watch as he performs a wild show at the Whiskey a Go Go for an enthusiastic crowd. Up in the rafters, Sister is watching, first with pride, then with mortification.
Watch the music video for “Kiss The Go-Goat” below:
Listen to both “Kiss The Go-Goat” and “Mary On A Cross” on the “Seven Inches Of Satanic Panic” single here:
You can stream or buy “Seven Inches Of Satanic Panic” from all the major music providers here. The two new songs are expected to appear on Ghost’s upcoming rerelease of their 2018 album in the Prequelle Exalted box set. You can pre-order Prequelle Exalted here ahead of its September 27 release date.
Prequelle Exalted will include:
- Limited Edition of 5K numbered copies worldwide 60-page arena tour photo book, hardbound and wrapped in black gator skin
- Four 12″x12″ live photo prints
- Exclusive die-cut Prequelle artwork with 12-page booklet featuring brand new, mind-blowing illustrations
- Prequelle Limited Edition Transparent Orange with Black Smoke colored vinyl
- Bonus 7″ with two previously unreleased songs (now known to be “Kiss The Go-Goat” and “Mary On A Cross”)
- Ghost 7″ vinyl adapter
Prequelle and the Ultimate Tour Named Death
Ghost’s last album, Prequelle, came out in June 2018. It launched the singles “Rats,” “Dance Macabre,” and “Faith,” not to mention extensive touring. The band just finished a European tour a few weeks ago.
This Friday, Ghost will embark on their Ultimate Tour Named Death. The North American part of the tour will begin on September 13th in California and finish on October 26th in New York. In November and December, Ghost will be back in Europe – beginning in the UK and ending in France. Find all dates and tickets here before it’s too late!
Enjoy “Kiss The Go-Goat” and “Mary On A Cross” from the new “Seven Inches Of Satanic Panic” single. Get ready for the Prequelle Exalted box set and, if they’re coming to a city near you, their impending tour! As always, keep checking back here for all the latest Ghost news.
Latest posts by Hidden Jams (see all)
- Vanessa Carlton Shares Drinks with Younger Selves in “Future Pain” Video - December 3, 2019
- See The Weeknd’s Chaotic Music Video For “Heartless” - December 3, 2019
- Fall Out Boy Brings Dreams To Life In “Bob Dylan” Music Video - December 3, 2019